Navigating health insurance is difficult enough for many people and, with Congress expected to make sweeping changes to Obamacare soon, consumers are likely anxious about the uncertain future of the industry.
Adding to that uncertainty, is also a sense of frustration for those of us who remember how the health insurance industry was a major lobbying force for the implementation of Obamacare, especially now that the entire system is in a “death spiral.” We were against the plan in the first place, yet these companies used the dollars we spend on our premiums to advocate for a policy that many understood to be a certain failure.
Furthermore, health insurers like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and UnitedHealth Group also use our dollars to take very liberal positions on important issues like religious liberty, and immigration.
That’s why conservatives looking for an alternative to these health insurance companies may find a much closer match to their values through a very different way of paying for their healthcare costs.
Liberty HealthShare is a “health cost sharing ministry” that isn’t shy about its espousal of traditional Judeo-Christian values. In fact, Liberty HealthShare is one of the top sponsors of CPAC 2017, one of the largest annual gatherings of conservatives. They are also open to anyone who subscribes to their Shared Beliefs which are listed as follows:
1. We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God, and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men.
2. We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship the God of the Bible in his or her own way.
3. We believe it is our biblical and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when they are in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
4. We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
5. We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family or other valued advisors, free from government dictates, restraints and oversight.
More information can be found on the Liberty HealthShare here. We think it’s worth a look to see if this alternative to liberal health insurance companies is a better fit for your family’s healthcare needs.