Target CEO Tries to Pass the Buck on Transgender Bathroom Decision

Target has seen major backlash over the past year from the general public after announcing the implementation of loose bathroom policies, which allow a person of either gender to use the restroom facility of his or her choice. CEO Brian Cornell is now claiming that he never approved the blog that disclosed the restroom guidelines. He says that it was not until after the article was published that he learned of the information.

Yet, he still supported the store policies, stating back in May:

“We took a stance and we are going to continue to embrace our belief of diversity and inclusion.”

It seems that after facing a considerable drop in sales, and continuing to experience the effects of the nationwide boycott in his stores, Cornell has decided he must do something to try to gain the support of former shoppers. However, it appears that he may be trying to thread a very small needle by doing so “without agreeing to demands that Target retract its policy.”

This may be rather difficult, as LifeSite Director of Public Relations, Andy Parrish, notes:

“Sexual crimes are often crimes of opportunity, allowing grown men in the girls bathroom increases opportunity for sexual crimes. I choose my daughters’ safety over convenience of shopping at Target.”

Target’s dangerous bathroom policies are the reason behind our #AnywhereButTARGET campaign that so many of you supported, and we believe, had a major effect on Target’s sales this past year! Along with our fellow conservatives at AFA, FRC and more, we have been able to impact a giant corporate retailer. Let’s continue to hold Target accountable for their actions and radical social agenda.

Learn more and sign the pledge here. Please use the tools on the left to share this message on social media!

  • Kathleen Bright

    Have NOT gone into Target store since they made their new bathroom policy, and I personally NEVER use those public bathrooms. It doesn’t make any sense to “accommodate” probably less than 20% of the population, and make the other 80% uncomfortable and unsafe! It would make more sense to just add a third bathroom and changing room which would allow and accommodate a person of either gender to use … that way, a biological man / boy could use either the Men’s room or the “Anyone” room… and a biological woman / girl could use the Ladies room or the “Anyone” room. But each biological gender could have the privacy of Men’s or Women’s rooms… and those Men that “feel like a woman”, but still have their male genitalia or the women that “feel like a man” but still have their female genitalia, could use the Anyone room in peace. Problem solved.. I will NEVER step into another Target store – (or any public establishment with a similar bathroom policy) as long as this policy is in place. If it changes back to the way it should be, I may return… but not yet… and I use to shop there frequently, and dropped some serious money!

    • cmjapnea

      Good for you Kathleen!! I too have not been in Target since last April, when they started their “bathroom policy”. I also spent a lot of money there. It is very conveniently located to my home, so it would be much more convenient for me to shop there, but until they change back, NO Target. Oh, and the percentage of transgender people in the US is less than 1%.

      • Deplorable Me

        Same here.

    • tmarkham1964

      It’s WAY less than 20 percent. So-called ‘transgendered’ persons are the ones being accommodated, and they represent less than 3/10 of one percent.

  • James Bryson

    Oh come on, do the honorable thing…see samurai hara kiri or seppuku. You jumped on this fringe-niche, cultural spike.

  • Lisa Charlene

    Haven’t been to Target since they decided men could come into the women’s bathroom. Won’t be going back. Won’t shop online with them either. I’m done with Target.

    • Angelo G

      I will drive 3 miles out of my way not to go to Target.
      Besides I try to give the business to local merchants if I can.
      Watch where your money goes and don’t give it to these corporations that try to pass on there political garbage.

  • Spectrum

    Make sure you keep the pressure on these deviancy supporters, folks ! Keep boycotting their stores and encourage others to do so. Their CEO is remaining defiant and is placing the “needs” of a tiny minority above the safety and privacy of the majority of women and girls.

  • Suzanne Herpel

    I used to love shopping at Target! What a major disappointment and a very bad decision by Target’s CEO. Along with others, I will NEVER shop there again! And you know what? I haven’t missed it one damn minute!

  • Pingback: Target’s Chief of Innovation Casey Carl Leaving Soon - 2ndvote()